Friday, August 25, 2006

Cold Calling in NL Ring


When people ask me about becoming a good NLHE player as a begginner I tell them learn to not call. I believe that one could win playing NL without ever calling.

I was looking through my Poker Tracker stats over the last two months, which have been good to me. I noticed a stat for cold calling preflop. I have cold called 1% of the time in 14,000 hands. Of these, about 90% were in the last three positions. Also, about 60% were with pocket pairs 22-JJ where I have won a good amount by flopping sets.

The others were with suited connectors or suited aces, again with position. I'm just slightly ahead on these hands but feel I need to mix them in, even if I break even with them.

I advice everyone to be the aggressor and look to raise or fold rather than call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home