Saturday, July 22, 2006

My WSOP Venture Final Blog by Discopimp

Well alright we left off at break....When i got back to my table, this is where things began to get interesting.....I was semi shortstack, but not too far down, but definetly not up....Now remeber how i told you the guy to my right, we would have many battles....Well everytime he was on the button, he would raise me out of my small bilnd....Whenever i was big blind, he would raise me out since he was in small blind...And i am not lying when I tell you, my best hand the whole time he was doing it, was 93 offsuit...But eventually Imma get him!! So i started losing quite a bit of money since he kept stealin my blinds, and we started to have to ante up......Now a few hands pass, and I look down and see AQ....Now its time to decide if i need to go all in now or wait....The bald dude across from me raises....One guy calls, and now i know its time to move all in, if no one calls i get take a nice lil pot, and if someone calls i have a decent hand....Now one of the larger stacks behind me says "Reraise, Im all in!"....First thought in my head was like oh shit, im in deep trouble...First guy raises, I reraise all in, and he reraises all in, hes at least got maybe KK, AA....So I start sweatin til everyone decides to fold, and its just me and him....He flips over.....JJ.....My first thought was SWEET! I can easily fight this, I thought for sure I was in deep water....So flop comes QQ4....LOL! I knew i could fight it, but that shit is too funny....No cards improve him, and I double up, PHEW!
A few hands later, the bald dude raises again, and some guy reraises all in...I look down and see KK on the button....So announce reraise, Im all in....The bald dude, seemed upset, and mucks his hand...The other guy who went all in flips over QQ, and I flip over my KK....Board brings him no help, and I eliminate my second player of the tourney....I had a nice size stack now, somewhere around 9 or 10,000...but with blinds and antes high, no stack was safe....Ok I look down at 44....Blinds are high, so i decide just to call...a few other guys just call....Flop come A94 two diamonds...I flop a set of 4's...small blind, big blind check...Once again the guy to my right bets out 500....With the two diamonds on board I decide to raise....i raise to 1500...The guy to my right thinks for awhile and calls....Turn comes 8 of diamonds....He checks, and I decide to bet at it.....I bet 2,000....And he immediately moves all in.,...FUCK....He caught his fuckin flush....I shoulda moved all in on flop.....I seemed noticeably upset, and end up folding my set....I know, some of you say how can you fold that, but I had to...I didnt wanna get knocked out knowing he had flush, and I called anyway....A few hands later he leans over to me and says "Hey I had 99, I flopped a set on the flop" OH SHIT!!! Was i fuckin lucky, we flopped set over set...I coulda and shoulda gone broke that hand....PHEW....But the result of that hand did make me go back down to a mediocre stack......After a quite bit more hands, I didnt play many hands, and went into dinner break kinda low....
As we walk to dinner I talk about my play with my friends, and girlfriend...As we are standing in line ordering our food, and look over my shoulder, and I see Shannon Elizabeth....Daaaaaaayum girl, you're fine! I did however think she was much taller....I think she was only a inch or two taller than me, and Im about 5'8 or 5'9......Ok well anyways, my back was really hurting, and i was just tryin to stretch out, before we had to go back and sit....So dinner break comes to an end, and we sit back down....Antes are up to 50, and blinds i think were 400, 800...So i had no time to fuck around...A few hands pass, and Im runnin kinda low on chips....Im small blind....Once again the guy to my right always raises on the button....I look down and see AJ, so Im like alright damn it, Imma get you this time....So i reraise all in....big blind folds, and it goes back to the guy on my right...And hes kinda sighs, and in my head i was like "lol, i got ya!"....Then the moment i thought that he says "I call".....He flips over AK.....FUCK! Board comes and gives me no help....I get eliminated.....God damn it, I should not have moved all in....the rest of the day I was sooooooooooo upset at myself for making that move...Ask my girlfriend I never stopped bitchin about it...I was soooo mad at myself, we still had 4 days left in Vegas, and not one day did I sit at a poker table....Thats how upset I was....Maybe Im makin a big deal about it...But I think I made the wrong move, and I still havent forgave myself for it....I dunno, what you guys think.....Who knows...Overall I thought I played well, and relied on strong play and good reads...Who knows, maybe next year, Ill get another shot!!! I guess my unofficial result was like 540th out of 2,891 players!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home