Sunday, July 2, 2006

Sometimes nuthin' can be a real cool hand...by Corndog


First post here. Figured I would talk about a nice heads-up hand I just had in a Bodog 10-person SNG.

I came into the match with a large chip lead over the villain. This is probably 15 hands into the HU when this hand came up. Although I had such a huge lead, I consider this hand the real turning point.

I have 6955, he has 3045. Blinds 100/200. I am SB (dealer) and get Ks8d and raise it to 400. Villain calls.

Flop 7d 6h Th. No real help, but have an inside straight draw. He checks and I bet 200. (Fairly bad bet on my part in relation to the pot, but it may have helped me later. In general, though, I don't recommend 1/4 pot bets HU). He check/raises me for another 300. This was the first time he had tried that but it was a fairly small raise and I had a stack to play with so I call.

Turn Jc. This doesn't help me, but surely can't help him. He had been tight enough so far that I don't think he had an 89 for an already completed straight. I would put him on an AT or flush draw right here. He bets $300. Really small bet considering the current pot size. After his check/raise that I called, I expected him to fire a big bet at the turn. I have nothing, but the gut instinct after that small bet is to call here. I'm getting ready to bluff at any non-heart river.

River 2d. Can't think of a better card for me (except, of course, one that would have helped my hand). He bets 600. Sticking to the plan, I raise the pot (4200). He folds. Boo-yah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home