Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Top 10 Things from the 2005 WSOP by Texter



Heading out to the WSOP in a few weeks, has me reflecting on last years WSOP, so here are the top 10 things I saw last year:

10. James Woods - this guy oozes charisma, I can definitely see why he is a movie star. Most of the "stars" at the media tourney showed up looking like they just rolled out of bed and slapped on some sweats. This guy shows up in a nice suit and just took over the room.

9. During the main event, some player I didn't recognize had a small DVD player and was watching "The Color of Money". Not a bad idea considering how long some of those hands were taking.

8. The Rio's Amazon room. This is the where all the tourneys are held and it is the biggest room I've ever seen. Wall to wall poker tables; it's really hard to imagine; TV doesn't do it justice.

7. Tobey Maguire...doesn't like having his picture taken by slobs like me.

6. I found it strange that there was a very long line to get Phil Helmuth's autograph at the Poker Lifestyle show while right across from him there was virtually no line for Howard Lederer's. I guess acting like a douche pays off.

5. Paul Phillips trying to buy his way to a final table; he told me he had already had enough rebuys to purchase a car in one event.

4. Playing in the media/celeb tourney was a lot of fun, even though the structure is really bad.

3. The Ultimatebet.com party at the Palms Ghost bar was very cool; they bar hangs out over the side of the palms and there is a portion of the floor that is see through and you can see all the way to the ground; a lot of people didn't seem to want to step on that floor.

2. The WSOP press conference; we got to ask some questions to the legends.

1. The big game at the Bellagio. I sat in Bobby's room and watched the big game for awhile, it was interesting seeing all that money; also that the pro's play "props" to stay focused & entertained while playing.

This year promises to be pretty cool, but I doubt it will be able to top my first World Series...this year is going to be more about business; which is a little sad, but as they say, "You gotta pay the rent".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home