Thursday, August 10, 2006

WSOP Final Table Live by Texter

This coverage is pretty nice, I'm watching it on my computer here at home and the coverage looks almost as good as TV; I have to hand it to ESPN..I thought the idea was terrible but they've really pulled it off. Phil Gordon is doing a fantastic job but his co-host keeps making small mistakes about who has entered the pot and who has what hand. It's definitely a minor complaint.

I like the fact that there is no hole-card camera. It's nice trying to hypothesize on what the players have. Earlier they had Phil Hellmuth doing some commentating which was also very good. Unfortunately it's almost time for me to head to bed, so by the time I wak up there will be a new champ.


It's going to be tough to make an entertaining show out of this final table for the non-poker public, these guys are all pretty dull so far, but with the magic of editing I'm sure they'll all look gregarious when the show hits the airwaves. They are also playing roshambo for charity which is pretty stupid but what the heck; they've been sitting there for 5 hours and have to be getting a little bored.

They are on dinner break for 90 minutes so I'm playing some poker on Bodog. They are showing the 2004 WSOP and I think we all owe Fossilman a debt of gratitude for knocking out Mattias Andersen quickly...that Jaaaaah, Daaaaah was getting old quickly.

If Gold loses this thing...he has 51 mill vs 14 mill for second place right now...it would be a colossal meltdown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home