Monday, June 20, 2005

Grinding it out...no thanks.

So I signed up with Noble Poker to get their $700 - 100% deposit bonus, yes I am a sucker for the signup bonuses, and decided to play $1/$2 limit hold'em to grind out the bonus. You basically get 3 points per hand at $1/$2 and higher and once you have 500 points you get $10 of your bonus. So to get the full $700 would take approximately 11,620 raked hands...ouch.

I played for about 20 minutes and was so bored I had to switch to No-Limit Hold'em. To get the full bonus playing limit would take me about 260 hours, forget about it! How anyone can play the extremely low limit limit hold'em for hours at a time, I'll never understand. You can't make any moves at a pot whatsoever, you can't bluff, you can't semi bluff, you may as well just be a robot and play several tables at a time. No one is going to be bluffed out of a decent pot for $1 or $2...I felt like boring old Joey Knish from Rounders, it was torture. Even if you're a great player and getting 3 big bets an hour that's still only minimum wage...what's the point?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home