Saturday, May 28, 2005

JJ goes down in a blaze of glory...a cautionary tale.

My biggest leak in No Limit is not realizing that my hand is crap. For example, I was playing $0.50/$1 No Limit on Ultimatebet yesterday night, I had worked my buyin up from $50 to $86 when this hand came up.

I get JJ in the big blind and raise it to $3.25 and get one caller. The flop comes down 10-7-3, I bet out the pot and the other player raises the pot. I call. A 4 comes on the turn so I bet the pot again and get raised allin.

This is where I need to stop and think...what could this guy possibly have...am I drawing dead? Unfortunately I call thinking the guy is trying to buy the pot and lose to a set of 7's when I deservedly get no help. Mmy stack drops to $7, So I reload and promptly lose it all when I get a straight beaten by a flush...that one I can live with.

So what's your biggest leak?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home