Tuesday, May 24, 2005

TiVO'n the WPT and Click's

Afternoon fellow Lizards. Well, Texter has had all the blog fun up until now, so I figured it was time to jump in...

I recently got TiVO and DirecTV this weekend. Having wanted to get away from the pile of blank video tapes, I've been eyeing a DVR (digital video recorder) for some time. However, when I called my current provider, Dish Network, they said that as a current customer I was not eligible for the same sweet deals as new customers. So I was looking at an up-front extra cost PLUS the added monthly fee. Long story short, I switched to DirecTV and am loving the TiVO world.

So of course my first task was to setup a season pass for the WPT. The first one I caught was the reply from last Saturday where Hansen took down the 5-Star event at the Bellagio. I think it was at a couple years old because you could tell the production value was not what it is today. But that's also a good thing, because what struck me was the way showed more regular hands. Seems like in the newer episodes they only show hands with plenty of action, all-ins, or big bluffs. Saturday's replay had plenty of good ol' pre-flop raises with Q-9 on the button and folds all around. Of course, most of those came from Hansen, but still...

And for those of you in Houston, check out your local Clicks Billiards pool hall. They have plenty of free tourneys during week nights, and Fridays will now be "PokerLizard Night" with extra chipset and DVD giveaways. We hope to expand this to Click's around the country very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home